- New writers start here: Scribophile
- Poetry word cloud
- The Cube Project: a cure for homelessness?
- Magkaugnay | Opinion
- World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice
- From 1985: Warnings from Carl Sagan and Al Gore
- Blogger Appreciation Award
- The dark side of the moon
- When life began there were no Baily’s beads
- ... wait, what? balance Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy Tributes
Tag Archives: climate disruption
May I please have five minutes (and 31 seconds)* of your time? With many thanks to Peter Sinclair, I offer two video clips he’s recently presented on his blog Climate Denial Crock of the Week that reveal what’s unfolding on … Continue reading
My silence here of late is largely due to the distressing feeling that not only is humanity heading, in lockstep, in entirely the wrong direction; we’re changing pace from a jog to a trot, chivvied along by blinkered politicos whose … Continue reading
United Nations conference on environment and development Rio de Janeiro 3-14 June 1992 Severn Suzuki: Coming up here today, I have no hidden agenda. I am fighting for my future. I am here to speak for all generations to come. … Continue reading
With thanks to Echoes from a Pale Blue Dot, whose post ‘Too important to ignore!’ explains more: It’s good to see a message that makes it clear that mitigation and adaptation are complementary; though, personally, I would like to see … Continue reading
I think that the above is a pretty good indication that now is the perfect time to declare A Large Crisis. In fact, if you’ve got a moment, it’s a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, twenty-four-hour … Continue reading
Originally posted on 350 or bust:
Here’s a video that’s going viral. When I first watched it on Tuesday, it had just over 3,000 views. Late on Tuesday it was posted on DeSmogBlog.com , and when I saw it there yesterday…
With thanks to Climate Denial Crock of the Week for the introduction to Melodysheep.
Time for action. Sign the pledge.