- Bite size climate science: the persuaders
- Turbo-boost your site by optimising images
- Please sign this petition!
- Being in the moment: in search of wu wei
- Swimmers is now open!
- Wibble (an explanation)
- A Large Crisis is Imminent
- A marble: floating in the middle of nothing
- Duplicity in the Duplex?
- Recognizing the Mother of Global Warming
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Tag Archives: AGW
Partial transcript: Richard Muller, Phd: I didn’t know whether global warming was real, whether it was completely bogus or maybe it was twice as bad as people said. So my daughter and I … decided we would set up a … Continue reading
Further musings on the absurd antics of the dominant extant species on the only life-bearing planet known to said species. Continue reading
I’m not sorry for sounding somewhat melodramatic, here: what we face is nothing less than the archetypical existential threat. You may well dismiss me as ‘alarmist’: but if you were in a crowded theatre and you were to hear me … Continue reading
Originally posted on Climate Denial Crock of the Week:
As climate denial goes the way of snake oil and table tipping, real Skeptics would like the media to please stop sullying their good name. Skeptical Inquirer: Prominent scientists, science communicators,…
My silence here of late is largely due to the distressing feeling that not only is humanity heading, in lockstep, in entirely the wrong direction; we’re changing pace from a jog to a trot, chivvied along by blinkered politicos whose … Continue reading
Can you spare just four minutes to watch this (silent) video, please? Good words thieved from the YouTube comment thread (reinventing the wheel is futile): David Furphy: “Watch this excellent 3 minute animation and you’ll immediately get how much Industrial … Continue reading
With thanks to Echoes from a Pale Blue Dot, whose post ‘Too important to ignore!’ explains more: It’s good to see a message that makes it clear that mitigation and adaptation are complementary; though, personally, I would like to see … Continue reading
I think that the above is a pretty good indication that now is the perfect time to declare A Large Crisis. In fact, if you’ve got a moment, it’s a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, twenty-four-hour … Continue reading