- Bite size climate science: the persuaders
- Turbo-boost your site by optimising images
- Please sign this petition!
- Being in the moment: in search of wu wei
- Swimmers is now open!
- Wibble (an explanation)
- A Large Crisis is Imminent
- A marble: floating in the middle of nothing
- Duplicity in the Duplex?
- Recognizing the Mother of Global Warming
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: News and politics
With thanks to Echoes from a Pale Blue Dot, whose post ‘Too important to ignore!’ explains more: It’s good to see a message that makes it clear that mitigation and adaptation are complementary; though, personally, I would like to see … Continue reading
In the wake of Earth Hour on Saturday, here’s an appropriate post for All Fools’ Day. Although there are many things about which there is disagreement, there can be no argument that water is necessary for life. Humanity’s probes into … Continue reading
I wouldn’t say that I’ve had my head in the sand in recent months, but I will admit that I’ve been less actively seeking to educate myself about the triple whammy threat of climate change, overpopulation and peak everything. My … Continue reading
Further to my ‘Power grab on the Pacific Rim‘ bloggling last month (which caused at least Mike of Damn the Matrix, Sue of Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary and Lucinda of eek.ology to sign the linked petition — thanks for caring, guys!)… … … Continue reading
You may want to click on the image below for a better view. I sincerely hope you do, rather than linger here. If you haven’t yet followed the link to add your voice to object to the rug being pulled … Continue reading
To: Poop John the First of the Church of the Holy Shitters From: A. Defaecator Your Holiness, You may recall that I petitioned you some weeks ago for permission to reproduce your August newsletter, which had been the cause of … Continue reading
I woke up this morning… [ cue blues riff ] Rain. Grey clouds outside. “Good,” thought I, “it’s nice to see wintry weather in England for a change, instead of these perpetual California blue clear skies.” Then I went to … Continue reading
I think that the above is a pretty good indication that now is the perfect time to declare A Large Crisis. In fact, if you’ve got a moment, it’s a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, twenty-four-hour … Continue reading