- A Large Crisis is Imminent
- A marble: floating in the middle of nothing
- Duplicity in the Duplex?
- Recognizing the Mother of Global Warming
- Why do we have time zones: time for change?
- Climate Change Elevator Pitch: Eric Rignot
- May the Fourth be with you
- Will the plastics industry be the next target of the merchants of doubt?
- Why Some Blogging Goals Are Bad
- How Wolves Change Rivers
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: Just for laughs
Hat tip to Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary for pointing me at this video: Here are some words I wrote a few years ago (ok, so most of them belong to Frank Herbert, they’re taken from his fabulous Dune saga)… I must not … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bobbing Around:
Blin was bored beyond belief, sitting idly while the machine did its automatic scan. “Why must we do this, watch after watch?” It demanded. At Its own console, Daita said, as during many previous watches,…
… and, finally, new rule: Before Americans can laugh at how pathetic Cubans are for driving those old patched-up cars instead of getting new ones, we have to explain why that’s what we’re doing with our healthcare system, our voting … Continue reading
Yes, it makes no sense. If everything we know and love will come crashing down around us, what’s the point? Nevertheless, it has to be… 3,252 backers $254,717 pledged of $420,000 goal 3 days to go JourneyQuest 3: go back … Continue reading
Originally posted on Dreamwalker's Sanctuary:
I am sure that many of us wonder just where we are heading in our world which on the surface may appear to be more violent and aggressive every day.. Despite all the horrors…
(Hat tip to Star Guy!)
Humanity’s demands on our planet’s resources now exceeds nature’s ability to regenerate by a massive 50%. This means that we would need one and a half planet Earths to support humanity’s current ecological footprint. And — largely due to ignorance … Continue reading
Monty Python’s Life of Brian scene 9: Brian Learns to Conjugate. I love the way Brian narrowly avoids heading off to an earlier crucifixion than the plot calls for because he initially gives what turns out to be the right … Continue reading
To: Poop John the First of the Church of the Holy Shitters From: A. Defaecator Your Holiness, You may recall that I petitioned you some weeks ago for permission to reproduce your August newsletter, which had been the cause of … Continue reading