- Bite size climate science: the persuaders
- Turbo-boost your site by optimising images
- Please sign this petition!
- Being in the moment: in search of wu wei
- Swimmers is now open!
- Wibble (an explanation)
- A Large Crisis is Imminent
- A marble: floating in the middle of nothing
- Duplicity in the Duplex?
- Recognizing the Mother of Global Warming
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: Food
Originally posted on Learning from Dogs:
S. Korea is the only country in the world with large-scale, commercial dog meat farms. Frankly, I wasn’t planning to publish a post today. But then in came an email from John Zande, he…
Further musings on the absurd antics of the dominant extant species on the only life-bearing planet known to said species. Continue reading
Humanity’s demands on our planet’s resources now exceeds nature’s ability to regenerate by a massive 50%. This means that we would need one and a half planet Earths to support humanity’s current ecological footprint. And — largely due to ignorance … Continue reading
With thanks to Echoes from a Pale Blue Dot, whose post ‘Too important to ignore!’ explains more: It’s good to see a message that makes it clear that mitigation and adaptation are complementary; though, personally, I would like to see … Continue reading
In the wake of Earth Hour on Saturday, here’s an appropriate post for All Fools’ Day. Although there are many things about which there is disagreement, there can be no argument that water is necessary for life. Humanity’s probes into … Continue reading
Further to my ‘Power grab on the Pacific Rim‘ bloggling last month (which caused at least Mike of Damn the Matrix, Sue of Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary and Lucinda of eek.ology to sign the linked petition — thanks for caring, guys!)… … … Continue reading
I think that the above is a pretty good indication that now is the perfect time to declare A Large Crisis. In fact, if you’ve got a moment, it’s a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, twenty-four-hour … Continue reading
We’re currently using 1.5 Earths; the only Planet B (and C) we currently know of are 1,200 light-years away… I saw the image above in the Earth Overshoot Day Media Backgrounder at Global Footprint Network and it made me wonder … Continue reading
[ A heads-up after the event: Gail (of Wit’s End) immediately leapt in with what I think is crucial input as soon as this post was published. So please do read the comments section below, too! ] I’ve recently been … Continue reading