- A marble: floating in the middle of nothing
- Duplicity in the Duplex?
- Recognizing the Mother of Global Warming
- Why do we have time zones: time for change?
- Climate Change Elevator Pitch: Eric Rignot
- May the Fourth be with you
- Will the plastics industry be the next target of the merchants of doubt?
- Why Some Blogging Goals Are Bad
- How Wolves Change Rivers
- Lunar Lander
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: Fantasy
For two hundred thousand years, humanity trundled along. And then the industrial revolution happened — and things took off… I recall, as a young boy, watching the Apollo 11 Moon landing. I remember looking forward to the day when I … Continue reading
Originally posted on Bobbing Around:
Blin was bored beyond belief, sitting idly while the machine did its automatic scan. “Why must we do this, watch after watch?” It demanded. At Its own console, Daita said, as during many previous watches,…
Yes, it makes no sense. If everything we know and love will come crashing down around us, what’s the point? Nevertheless, it has to be… 3,252 backers $254,717 pledged of $420,000 goal 3 days to go JourneyQuest 3: go back … Continue reading
My silence here of late is largely due to the distressing feeling that not only is humanity heading, in lockstep, in entirely the wrong direction; we’re changing pace from a jog to a trot, chivvied along by blinkered politicos whose … Continue reading
Monty Python’s Life of Brian scene 9: Brian Learns to Conjugate. I love the way Brian narrowly avoids heading off to an earlier crucifixion than the plot calls for because he initially gives what turns out to be the right … Continue reading
There once was just this little bard who dreamt of being great. A tale begins. Words on an empty slate Advent’rous soul, explorer, he set foot upon the path. The way unclear; could not see far sought wisdom from a … Continue reading
EXT. DENSE WOODLAND – DAWN Mist swirls amidst the trunks of the trees of an ancient forest. BURLY MAN arrives, clearly a lumberjack, armed with a large axe. He chops down a tree. FADE OUT FADE IN The sun rises. … Continue reading
Originally posted on David Robertson:
This is one of those “you bunch of bastards” moments. Moments that the people on the right don’t want you to have. It’s not that I’m against people having lots of money, or even a…
A while ago, I wrote about my attempts to cure a certain addiction of mine. Time marches on: as Everquest II celebrates eight years of playtime I still seek a cure: apply within… 🙂