- A marble: floating in the middle of nothing
- Duplicity in the Duplex?
- Recognizing the Mother of Global Warming
- Why do we have time zones: time for change?
- Climate Change Elevator Pitch: Eric Rignot
- May the Fourth be with you
- Will the plastics industry be the next target of the merchants of doubt?
- Why Some Blogging Goals Are Bad
- How Wolves Change Rivers
- Lunar Lander
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: Drama
When wolves were reintroduced to Yellowstone National Park in the United States after being absent for nearly 70 years, the most remarkable ‘trophic cascade’ occurred. In this short film, George Monbiot explains what a trophic cascade is, and how wolves do actually change rivers. Continue reading
For two hundred thousand years, humanity trundled along. And then the industrial revolution happened — and things took off… I recall, as a young boy, watching the Apollo 11 Moon landing. I remember looking forward to the day when I … Continue reading
Originally posted on Russellings of the Spirit:
I am a fan and admirer of the late Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King. His sermons and speeches arouse hope and a passion for justice in my heart. But honestly, there is one…
Originally posted on Bobbing Around:
Blin was bored beyond belief, sitting idly while the machine did its automatic scan. “Why must we do this, watch after watch?” It demanded. At Its own console, Daita said, as during many previous watches,…
Yes, it makes no sense. If everything we know and love will come crashing down around us, what’s the point? Nevertheless, it has to be… 3,252 backers $254,717 pledged of $420,000 goal 3 days to go JourneyQuest 3: go back … Continue reading
Partial transcript: Richard Muller, Phd: I didn’t know whether global warming was real, whether it was completely bogus or maybe it was twice as bad as people said. So my daughter and I … decided we would set up a … Continue reading
Further musings on the absurd antics of the dominant extant species on the only life-bearing planet known to said species. Continue reading
Originally posted on Dreamwalker's Sanctuary:
I am sure that many of us wonder just where we are heading in our world which on the surface may appear to be more violent and aggressive every day.. Despite all the horrors…