- A Large Crisis is Imminent
- A marble: floating in the middle of nothing
- Duplicity in the Duplex?
- Recognizing the Mother of Global Warming
- Why do we have time zones: time for change?
- Climate Change Elevator Pitch: Eric Rignot
- May the Fourth be with you
- Will the plastics industry be the next target of the merchants of doubt?
- Why Some Blogging Goals Are Bad
- How Wolves Change Rivers
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: consciousness
‘Overview’ is a short film that explores the phenomenon of ‘the Overview Effect’ through interviews with five astronauts who have experienced it, and features insights from commentators and thinkers on the wider implications and importance of this understanding for society, … Continue reading
Preamble: There are five video clips in this wibblette. The longest is just over three minutes long, and they total a smidgeon over ten minutes. Just so you know. The short clip above, which comes from an hour-long BBC documentary … Continue reading
As a prelude to an article I’m working on now that I plan to publish shortly, I offer you Carl Sagan’s words… The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. Our contemplations of the Cosmos … Continue reading
The illimitable ocean consists of drops of water. Each drop of water counts. When a myriad drops of water move in the same direction, there is the irresistible tide… Continue reading
Originally posted on Dreamwalker's Sanctuary:
I am sure that many of us wonder just where we are heading in our world which on the surface may appear to be more violent and aggressive every day.. Despite all the horrors…
‘Earth hug day‘: 12 December 2014. who has supported you all your life without asking for anything in return? fresh air, clear water, food, stability and unconditional love… the earth provides. the earth cares. the earth loves! it’s about time … Continue reading
Dear Paul, A few days ago, you asked: Wherein lays the truth? I believe that the crux of the matter lies in one of the quotations you offer: “… we are in a generational struggle to defend the principles of … Continue reading
Our understanding, fragmentary though it is, examines our universe from the microcosmic to the macrocosmic, revealing structural similarities at vastly different scales. On the quantum level, particles interact with each other — in ways that we only vaguely grasp. Atoms … Continue reading