- A Large Crisis is Imminent
- A marble: floating in the middle of nothing
- Duplicity in the Duplex?
- Recognizing the Mother of Global Warming
- Why do we have time zones: time for change?
- Climate Change Elevator Pitch: Eric Rignot
- May the Fourth be with you
- Will the plastics industry be the next target of the merchants of doubt?
- Why Some Blogging Goals Are Bad
- How Wolves Change Rivers
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets
Category Archives: Capitalism
Who controls the money supply? This is a fascinating subject. Incredibly, while people believe that they understand how money works, the vast majority don’t appreciate the reality. The documentary ‘97% Owned‘ (below) highlights the fact that if we continue as … Continue reading
Dear Paul, A few days ago, you asked: Wherein lays the truth? I believe that the crux of the matter lies in one of the quotations you offer: “… we are in a generational struggle to defend the principles of … Continue reading
I saw this cartoon on Peter Sinclair’s Crock of the Week, and it tickled me. It only sort of half fits the theme of this post, which is change — or rather, resistance to it; reluctance to do it, and … Continue reading
In the wake of Earth Hour on Saturday, here’s an appropriate post for All Fools’ Day. Although there are many things about which there is disagreement, there can be no argument that water is necessary for life. Humanity’s probes into … Continue reading
I wouldn’t say that I’ve had my head in the sand in recent months, but I will admit that I’ve been less actively seeking to educate myself about the triple whammy threat of climate change, overpopulation and peak everything. My … Continue reading
Further to my ‘Power grab on the Pacific Rim‘ bloggling last month (which caused at least Mike of Damn the Matrix, Sue of Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary and Lucinda of eek.ology to sign the linked petition — thanks for caring, guys!)… … … Continue reading