I recently read Guy McPherson’s book ‘Walking Away from Empire’. While I do recommend it, Guy is one of those who highlights the stupidity of homo fatuus brutus: here I am, going around trying to turn lights off when they’re not needed so as to save energy, while there are, at the same time, folks out there who are deliberately doing the opposite, because they believe that the only chance for any life to remain on our poor beleaguered planet depends upon ‘civilisation’ being brought to its knees as soon as possible.
- A Large Crisis is Imminent
- A marble: floating in the middle of nothing
- Duplicity in the Duplex?
- Recognizing the Mother of Global Warming
- Why do we have time zones: time for change?
- Climate Change Elevator Pitch: Eric Rignot
- May the Fourth be with you
- Will the plastics industry be the next target of the merchants of doubt?
- Why Some Blogging Goals Are Bad
- How Wolves Change Rivers
- ... wait, what? balance Biodiversity Business Capitalism Climate Communication Computers and Internet consciousness Core thought crowdsourcing Culture Drama Economics Education Energy Environment Fantasy GCD: Global climate disruption Health History Just for laughs Ludditis memetics News and politics People Phlyarology Poetry Science Strategy
- My Tweets